We understand that your privacy is important and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared. We respect the privacy of everyone who visits our website and uses our online services.
We are committed to respecting, securing, and protecting your privacy and private data. We are also committed to being transparent about what we collect from you and how we use it.
This privacy notice provides you with information about what personal data we collect, how we use your data, how we ensure your privacy is maintained, and your legal rights relating to your personal data.
Who We Are
We are Wolds Furniture Company, Units 8-9 Brookfield Business Park, Clay Lane, York Road, Shiptonthorpe, YO43 3PU
You can contact us by phone: 01430 803054
What Data Do We Collect
If you use our websites, we will collect some data automatically from you when you user our website. That information is:
- Your IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation information about where you might be, operating system and version.
- Your URL click-streams (the path you take through our site), products/services viewed, page response times, download errors, how long you stay on our pages, what you do on those pages, how often, and other actions.
- If you are a customer we will collect additional information which you provide to us:
- Contact Details – Your name, address, phone numbers, email address.
- Purchase & Quote Details – Information about products and services you have purchased or enquired about.
- Financial Information – Your bank or payment details when you purchase from us.
- If you are a subscriber to our marketing content:
- Contact Details – Your name and email address.
How we use your data
Here are the reasons for which we process your data:
- Orders and Quotes – We’ll use the details you provide to process any orders that you make with us using our websites, apps, or in-store. If we don’t collect this information we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. Our legal basis for this is contractual obligation.
- Keeping Our Website Running: providing and managing your access to our website and services, personalising and tailoring your experience on our website and services. Our legal basis for this is legitimate interest.
- Improving Our Website: Testing features, interacting with feedback platforms and questionnaires, managing landing pages, heat mapping our site, traffic optimisation and data analysis and research, including profiling and the use of machine learning and other techniques over your data and in some cases using third parties to do this.
- Marketing Purposes: We may send you emails and messages about new features, products and services, and content. You will always be able to unsubscribe from these. Our legal basis for doing that is either consent or legitimate interest.
- Answering Your Queries and Customer Support: We will use your email and contact details to answer your contact requests and queries. Our legal basis for doing so is contractual obligation.
- Preventing Fraud & Crime: We use some data to protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities (for example, we use CCTV to prevent crime; and we look for out irregular orders on our websites). Our legal basis for doing so is legitimate interests.
Storing and Sharing Your Data
Data security is very important to us and we take appropriate security measures to safeguard and secure your data which is collected via our website and services.
- We endeavour to keep all of your personal information in the United Kingdom
- We will never sell your personal data to a third party.
- In certain limited circumstances we may be legally required to share your personal data – for example where we are involved in legal proceedings, or where we are complying with a court order, regulatory requirement, or government department with appropriate legal authority to compel us to do so.
All cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with the current cookie law.
Before cookies are placed on your computer or device you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set such cookies as detailed below. By giving us your consent, you are allowing us to provide the best possible experience of our website. You may refuse consent to cookies; however, certain parts of our website may then not function correctly. You can alter your browser settings to refuse all cookies.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time (for example, if the law changes). Any changes will be immediately posted on our site. We recommend you check the privacy notice regularly to remain up to date.
This privacy notice was last updated in September 2022.